Manually entering historic records

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 00:03:04 EST 2018

I use Dropbox however I maintain my gnucash data file on my local drive
rather than directly in Dropbox.  I think from memory the lock file hangs
around in Dropbox so when you try to re-open your data file the LCK file is
still the and triggers the warning dialog.  As others have said you can
just click on open anyway if you're sure no one else has it open..

Keep your data file locally and depending on your OS use something like
FreeFileSync / Create Synchronicity / etc to sync it to Dropbox when you
are good and ready.

Cheers Dave H.