Installing GnuCash using GoDaddy MySQL Server

Jim_S James at StovesFamily.US
Tue Jan 16 01:34:57 EST 2018

I am trying to install gnuCash using a MySQL database hosted by GoDaddy.  We
also use GoDaddy for our WordPress web page, so I already have the hosting
account.  GnCash keeps giving me an error "The server at URL
mysql://GnuCash@GnuCash.db.3879949.hostedresource.com/GnuCash experienced an
error or encountered bad or corrupt data.".

I must create the database through GoDaddy's page as GnuCash.  It makes the
user name the same as the dbname.  GoDaddy assigns a host name of
"GnuCash.db.3879949.hostedresource.com".  I put in "GnuCash" for both the
database name and the user name, and enter the password I've selected.

Any help??
TIA.
Jim_S