Reports very slow to open

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 15:45:22 EST 2018

Preliminary results comparing release 2.6.18-3 with 2.7.3 on a Dell
Precision 7510 laptop running Windows 7 sp1 64 bit with a Intel(R) Core(TM)
i7-6820HQ CPU @2.70Ghz and 24.0 GB installed RAM and all updates installed
except a recent Dell display driver update and the Spectre patch update is
not installed yet(?):

Opening a copy of my current data file with scads of tabs including several
reports, and a read-only register tab.

In 2.6.18-3 it took 3 minutes 54 seconds to complete opening the file with
no Since Last Run interruption.

In 2.7.3 first touch it took 8 minutes 25 seconds to the metadata migrated
window.

Second opening 7 minutes 5 seconds.  I have many more details to share
elsewhere.

David C