Does anyone successfully use GNU Android App. If not get it off the main web site.

john_mike mikestillingfleet at fastmail.co.uk
Sun Jan 28 09:31:46 EST 2018

Dear All,

I gave up trying to import the QIF file generated by the Android App.

I exported from Android as XML then opened that file in GNU Cash. This had
the dates of the transactions the narrative (well some of it) and the
relevant accounts and about 30% of the values.

I have nearly gone blind going through each transaction on my phone and
entering the amount in the GNU Cash file.

Now I need to work out how to import these completed transactions into my
main file.

I think I am done with the Android App. Every time I try to use it in messes
up. It is therefore a huge waste of time.

One of the reasons I started with GNU was the option of having the Android
companion.

Clearly it doesn't work. Clearly it was never intended to be a 'clone' of
the main GNU Cash Application.

Might I suggest that it is removed from the GNU Cash web site. It is
detrimental to GNU Cash which by and large works. The Android App is just a
huge waste of time.

I wondered if there is any intention to create an App that works.

All I wish to do is record stuff on the phone and load it to the PC. Is this
possible / achievable.

What I don't want is to spend time recording stuff on my phone and then
spend 3-4 days transferring it across as that is completely pointless and
very frustrating. It would be much better to remove the current offering
from the system as it is setting a false user expectation. Which it turn
leads to mistrust of GNU Cash.