Please remove me from the mailing list

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 30 13:18:12 EST 2018

Liz <edodd at billiau.net> writes:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:11:25 -0600
> David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In that regard, where-ever there are instructions about subscribing
>> and un-subscribing it would be useful to have a link to the Nabble
>> mirror, if it is appropriate to call it that.
>>
>> David C
>
> There isn't a place on the default mailman pages to put that. I'm sure
> Derek will say "patches welcome"

Actully, no.  IMHO, there are just too many potential mirrors out there
to list them all.  Tomorrow a new one could come along and provide the
same service.  I think it's safe to say "Other services mirror the
GnuCash list (e.g., nabble, gmane, etc).  These services are not under
the control of the GnuCash team and if you use them you must unsubscribe
from them."    But that's a mouthful, and I honestly don't know how to
say "don't be a bonehead" more succinctly (and less causticly)  ;)

> :)

I see you did make a change.  Perhaps something more like, "If you use
an external list service (e.g. Nabble, Gmane, etc) please see
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information."  ??