Please remove me from the mailing list

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 22:22:04 EST 2018

We have spent a heck of a lot of bandwidth on this topic, and we seem to do so every time someone sends one of these unsubscribe requests.
I personally agree with Derek that it is a hopeless and thankless task to account for all the possibilities, and I would rather find a different solution than editing the note on every message that no one ever reads anyway.
Is there any way to set a mail rule for messages with "unsubscrib*" in the subject line, such that they receive the information automatically from the server, and NOT send them to the list at all? I am frankly tired of having this discussion over and over again.

David

  On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 4:18, Greg Feneis<mfeneis at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi, Just a thought about the footer and the wiki.

The footer directs the reader to update their subscription prefs or unsub
at lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucashuser-user

It also now directs Nabble or Gmane users to
wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.

Since the link to the wiki also has a link to the mailing list, perhaps
make the footer just lead the reader to the wiki page.  Then embellish the
wiki page as needed.
  As things change, if more mirrors are supported, etc. or if ppl get
stuck, instructions could be added or removed or enhanced in this wiki page.

I'm thinking this would help keep the help footer small, which will help
make the CC this list Reply ALL request much more prominent.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis