[GNC] Issue importing MT940 files

lemonnierfj at bluewin.ch lemonnierfj at bluewin.ch
Sun Jul 1 06:21:30 EDT 2018

Hi.
It seems that Gnucash is not reading in the full character string for the identity of the account for a MT940 import (line identifier :25:).  For me, it is reading up to the last but one character.  I have 2 accounts where only the last digit is different and thus it cannot recognise a difference in the accounts.  I thought that I had made a mistake, but having studied the issue, it is in the software - in the assignment window for 'Select Account', the description at the top states (Full account ID: ....) and lacking the last character.  Workaround is to manually change before import and that works, but something has changed since the 2.6 version, where it was working fine for these accounts.  I just installed 3.2 and the error is still present.
Jake