[GNC] Budget Creation with Some Empty Accounts

Erik Nesteruk erik.nesteruk at camdencountyrotary.org
Sun Jul 1 11:11:35 EDT 2018

I'm having technical trouble creating a budget and would like to hear any ideas.

Background: I started using GnuCash a few months ago. Several of my
income and expense accounts have not yet seen any transactions and
show zero in the "Total" column.

Objective: I want to create a budget and enter the approved amounts
for each account.

Problem: When I create the budget, only those accounts that have
transactions will show up in the budget.

If I create a dummy transaction in each empty account, it will appear
in the budget window, but then my reports will show these transactions
until the account gets a real transaction and I can delete the dummy.

Is there a better way to get *all* my accounts, including those with
no transactions, to show up in my budget?

Thanks,
Erik