[GNC] More QFX import problems

Nike V. nikeno at me.com
Mon Jul 2 13:04:40 EDT 2018

Hi,

I have encountered a strange problem with QFX import from my credit
card, issued by Home Trust. It's similar, but not exactly the same, as
the ones discussed in the archive with Chase.

GnuCash apparently imports the QFX correctly, but transactions show up
in the credit card account with a balance of zero. Jumping to the
corresponding transaction in the source account shows the correct
balance, however.

But it's not possible as far as I can tell to get the card account to
show any balance at all. Manually editing the transaction does nothing.
You can enter $100, press return, and the account still shows zero.

Opening the qfx file in a text editor shows one long blob of text and
tags. I assume there must be something strange about the qfx file, but I
have no idea what it is, or how to fix it.

Any ideas would be welcome!

Nike