[GNC] Decimal separator on Gnucash 3.2 Mac

Yves Forget yves_forget at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 2 16:42:42 EDT 2018

System Preferences/Language and Region says Region = Canada and language = french.  Advanced shows decimal separator is comma and thousands separator is space.  (These are default values for French Canada).
Environment variable LANG=fr_CA.UTF_8
OpenOffice correctly uses comma as decimal separator.
Is Gnucash supposed to use the parameters from the locale ?  Is there a way to force it ?
 Thanks,
Yves Forget

    Le lundi 2 juillet 2018 15h48, R. Victor Klassen <rvklassen at gmail.com> a écrit :

 Maybe in Quebec it is a comma.  In the rest of the country it is a period.

There should be a different locale for fr-canada than for en-canada.  I don’t know what else would differ across locales though.