[GNC] Credit Notes

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Jul 5 03:43:12 EDT 2018

Op woensdag 4 juli 2018 23:01:31 CEST schreef Eric Rathhaus (general) via
gnucash-user:
> I need to refund fees to a client that were paid on multiple invoices. I do
> not want to apply the refund to other outstanding invoices but rather need
> to cut  check and send to client. My idea is to create an invoice/credit
> note using the job created for general matters, which then would go into
> the AR account, and list the individual refunds and associated invoices in
> the notes sectiont. How do I reflect the next step in the transaction when
> I write a check from my checking account?

You process a payment on the customer invoice, using the checking account as
payment account.
GnuCash will create the payment transaction for you and mark the credit note
as paid. If you want to print a check, at the same time you can enable this in
the payment window.

Regards,

Geert