[GNC] GNC List and DKIM (was Re: how to share style sheets between computers in GnuCash 3.1?)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 6 09:47:52 EDT 2018

Hi Mark,

Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> writes:

>> BTW I get a lot of DKIM rejection reports from recipient servers when I
>> send mail to the list.  Is that because the list server strips the
>> anti-spam headers from my message before it forwards it out?  Maybe there
>> is a patch for that.
>>
> I don't know. This is something our mailing list adminstrator may know more
> about... Forwarding back to the list...

Could you forward me one (or more) of these rejection notices?  Then I
can take a look at the logs or at least try to come up with an idea of
what's going on.

The mailing list is set up to munge email addresses with DMARC, but if
you don't have DMARC set up then I'm not sure why you'd even get DKIM
backflow -- unless you're signalling in DKIM, somehow, to block the
messages.  But I'm not sure how you would signal that purely in DKIM.

For what it's worth, I have DKIM set up on my address (not this one) and
when I send to the gnucash lists I do not receive any blowback.

If you look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/557493 you'll see
that DKIM headers should not be stripped out.  On the other hand,
currently, the list server is NOT set up to (re-)sign outgoing
messages.  This is certainly something on the To Do list to fix, but
requires lots of moving parts to get set up.