[GNC] Flatpack GnuCash v3.2 available in Linux Mint and flathub website

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Jul 5 20:39:23 EDT 2018

Gnucash V3.2 is available in the Software Manager in Linux Mint 18.3
downloading from the flatpack form from the flathub
website(https://flathub.org/apps/search/GnuCash).

Installs OK and indistinguisable from my own build on my system. Can be
downloaded from the flathub site directly if you're not on Linux Mint.

The flatpack runs as  /usr/bin/flatpack --b. Not sure how that handles other
flatpack software? This is my first flatpack installation. whereis gnucash
does not return anything so the flatpack obviously hides the installation.

The flathub version may be a good option for Linux users not interestedin
building from scratch but wanting the latest stable version. It seems to
distribute up to date Linux packages independent of the distribution
packagers, which some recent posters have been seeking.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens