[GNC] UI question

lj lj308 at pobox.com
Mon Jul 9 19:27:46 EDT 2018

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jul 2018, John Ralls wrote:
>
>> See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3 for all sorts of information about
>> customizing GnuCash version 3's appearance.
>
> John,
>
>    Thanks for the URL. I'll definitely look at that page.

Please follow up if you get this to work. I'm also using Slackware 14.2 and
upgraded to GnuCash-3.2. Using the sample CSS file I am able to get colors to
change, but not fonts, in the register pages. It is frustrating because it
requires a GnuCash restart to test each change, and when it doesn't work you
just see nothing different on the page.

Does anyone know if the class selector "sheet" actually works when using Gtk+3
earlier than 3.20.0? I peeked in the code and I see 2 ways "sheet" is applied,
one for Gtk+3 3.20.0 and newer, and a different way for older.  Slackware 14.2
has Gtk+3 3.18.9 so the older method would be applied.

Perhaps there is another way I can find out if "sheet" is working?