[GNC] Printing Chart of Accounts

Friend jorge.alam.publico at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 01:59:39 EDT 2018

Dominic Grosleau wrote
> In gnucash 2.4.11 for linuxmint, how do I print the chart of account to
> printer??
>
> The print option is graayed out, and when trying to export in the only
> format available (xml) it comes out in a .gnucash file that libre office
> Calc cannot open properly.
>
> Please help as I am sittting down with accountant this afternoon and I
> need to bring him my draft CoA
> Sent by my Blackberry, I-Pod Touch, Computer, PSP, DS, PDA, Tablet, smoke
> signal, ESP, Cell Phone, Other device nobody but the manufacturer cares
> about....

I know this is an old post, but just in case someone is still looking for
the answer: In GnuCash 3.0 I have found an export option under the File
menu, where you can export it to a CSV file, which can easily be opened with
a spread sheet program (like Excel or Libreoffice). I would recommend to use
de .csv extension with your filename.

The resulting file has not only the names, but properties of the accounts.
You can delete the columns if you don't want them.