[GNC] alphavantage quotes doesn't work

Nicolas Haller gnucash at boiteameuh.org
Fri Jul 13 22:27:28 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to fix my automatic quotes import in GnuCash. I switched all
my securities to get quotes with alphavantage. I put my key in
Preferences->Online Quotes and as an env variable (ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY).

When I push the "Get Quotes" button, gnucash processes things and gives
me a dialog box saying

----------------8<----------------
"Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
ETF Canada:VGRO.TO
ETF US:QQQ
[...]
Continue using only the good quotes?"
---------------->8----------------

I tried gnc-fq-dump and it works well:

----------------8<----------------
nicolas at sylvestre:~$ gnc-fq-dump alphavantage VGRO.TO
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
     symbol: VGRO.TO              <=== required
       date: 07/13/2018           <=== recommended
   currency: CAD                  <=== required
       last: 25.3100              <=\
        nav:                      <=== one of these
      price:                      <=/
   timezone:                      <=== optional
nicolas at sylvestre:~$ gnc-fq-dump alphavantage QQQ
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
     symbol: QQQ                  <=== required
       date: 07/13/2018           <=== recommended
   currency: USD                  <=== required
       last: 179.6100             <=\
        nav:                      <=== one of these
      price:                      <=/
   timezone:                      <=== optional

I tried to run gnucash with -debug and -extra but gnucash or
Finance::Quotes are pretty quiet. So I don't know how to investigate
further. Could somebody help me?

I'm running Gnucash 3.2+ (2018-06-24) with Finance::Quote: 1.47 under
Debian Sid.

Thanks

--
Nicolas