[GNC] Future Payments

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Jul 14 11:52:51 EDT 2018

On 7/14/2018 10:28 AM, adb34 via gnucash-user wrote:
> Sorry to trouble everybody, I know you have better things to do than answer a
> deft question.
>
> I have been trying to setup a future payment on 31st July for the value of
> £20. Then I setup the schedule. My question is - how do I stop this value
> showing under Expenses until the date arrives?

What exactly do you mean by "until the date arrives?"

Accounting books are not "real time". You can enter transactions after
the (real time) date and you can enter transactions before the (real
time) date << an example of that might be "payroll processing" which
might be being done before the EFFECTIVE date of the transactions. The
employer wants the checks/payroll statements ready to hand out on pay day >>

When you say "shows up in expenses "early" do you mean in terms of the
REAL TIME date? Or the effective date of some report? Thus I am about to
prepare the 2nd quarter reports for the organizations for which I keep
books (the end of June bank statements against which I reconcile just
arrived in the mail yesterday. But I have already entered some July
transactions. Those will NOT show on the "as of June 30th reports".

Michael D Novack