[GNC] Posting private payments

arjanl arjanl at protonmail.com
Wed Jul 18 14:24:10 EDT 2018

Hi, I'm new to GNUC, but I'm aware of most of the regular bookkeeping
methods. My business partner and I just started a new business and we are
paying for stuff out of our own pockets at the moment. These payments are
booked on two equity accounts, called "Private payments A" and "Private
payments B". The stuff we bought so far (materials) is all being used for an
installation, to be found in our books under "Assets/Installation A".

Now comes my question: how should I post all the payments that are done for
building the installation? I now make transfers from "Private Payment"
directly to "Assets", to be transferred to "Assets/Installation A", when the
installation is completely built and paid for. So no transfers to
"Assets/Cash" or any Expense account.

Is this OK bookkeeping wise?

Many thanks in advance for your responses!