[GNC] Imbalance bug in credit note generation?

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Jul 19 22:32:31 EDT 2018

Hi Amish'

I can also confirm that the credit note has a bug for GnuCash 3.2 running on
Linux Mint 19 from the flat pack. I have created an Invoice for $100 for a
dummy company  in a test file and then a credit note for the same dummy
company for $50. I have not used a tax table. After the two transactions,
A/R has a balance of $150 intead of $50.

The recorded transactions in the Accounts Receivable Register are as
follows:

Invoice Posted
                                                                         Dr
Cr
Assets:Accounts Receivable                          $100
Income:Sales
$100

Credit Note Posted
                                                                        Dr
Cr
Income:Sales                                                 $50
Assets:Accounts Receivable                         $50
Imbalance
$100

whereas the last transaction  should have been
                                                                      Dr
Cr
Icome:Sales                                                  $50
Assets:Accounts Receivable
$50

giving rise to a final balance in the Accounts receivable of $150 and the
unnecessary entry for $100 in the Imbalance account.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens