[GNC] How to change the order of the account list in pul

rmomxtx at gmail.com rmomxtx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:14:36 EDT 2018

David,

I take it you are talking about how the accounts are sorted in the accounts
tab. If so, there is a way you can do this. In the edit accounts window
assign a number. I used the typical arrangement: Assets 1000, Liabilities
2000, Equity 3000, Income 4000 and Expenses 5000. It isn't necessary but you
can assign numbers to the subaccounts to make them sort as you prefer, for
example current assets could be 1100, Bank accounts 1110 and so forth.

On the far right of the accounts tab is a down arrow. That arrow shows what
columns are available to show. If it isn't already, choose Account Code and
that column will appear to the right of the Account Name column. Now you can
sort on the Account Code column and they will come out in the sequence you
assigned. To the right of the column name there should be a small arrow that
allows you to sort on that column.

I'm using version 2.6.18. Not sure how this works in other versions but
assume the feature is still there in later versions.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Message: 1