[GNC] Finance::Quote still not working with alphavantage

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jul 23 11:24:58 EDT 2018

On Monday, 23 July 2018 15:55:01 BST Samantha Payn wrote:
>    Hello all!
>
>    I see the thread about online currency quotes not working in the
>    mailing list archive and the helpful replies. However I am not a
>    coder/programmer so am unable to fathom what I, a mere mortal, should
>    be doing to re-enable the online currency fetch feature.
>
>    Can anyone spell it out to me in words of one syllable please?
>
>    Very many thanks :)

Hi Samantha,

I'm not sure I can get you all the way, but you'll need to get us to a start
point - which OS platform and version of GC are you using?

Have you registered with Alphavantage and got your ID number?  (Also called
"API Key" - but keep it secret! no one needs to know it, but we do need to
know that it exists!)

just a start, someone else may be able to help more with the actual set up in
due course.

Maf/