[GNC] opening my accounts after I have saved them

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 24 19:21:22 EDT 2018

Johnnie
Use File ->Open from the menu and navigate to the location where you saved
the file. Hopefully you did not save the file to a read only CD. You should
have received a warning that the device could not be written to if you had
attempted to do that.

Open the file <filename>.gnucash where filename is the name you saved the
file with.

Ignore files with the format <filename>.gnucash.<timestamp>.gnucash or
<filename>.gnucash.<timestamp>.log as these are backup and logfiles, useful
for rebuilding if your main file becomes corrupted.

After this, on most or all operating systems GnuCash should open the file
selected above. On some operating systems you cannot run GnuCash by double
clicking on the data file . See the archives of this mailing list for
details for specific OSes.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens