[GNC] GETTING MY ACCOUNT TO TRIAL BALANCE

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 15:33:46 EDT 2018

Shug,

I would ask you to tell us what error message you have received, since I don't usually see any error messages when I run this report. (I do have trouble getting this report to balance, however).

However, David has made useful advice regarding tracking transaction gain or loss; I would add that in Gnucash, a commodity is a broadly defined concept, and covers anything you have that is not counted in your default currency.

In other words, stocks, mutual funds, as well as accounts denominated in another currency will all fall into this category, and any time you have a transaction involving thread accounts, you will need to account for gain or loss hidden in the conversion.

David T