[GNC] Bug in design of commodity sell transactions? (was Re: Getting My Account To Trial Balance)

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Jul 26 18:29:29 EDT 2018

Adrien,

>From what little I know of the automatic gains/loss calculations by default
the gain or loss on a transaction is created in an Orphan-Gains-CCC account
by default and the user has to reassign the gain or loss to an appropriate
income account.

 See
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/invest-sell1.html#invest-sellAutoExample
in the Tutorial and Concepts Guide for a description of how the Scrub
function works.

The transaction is balanced by the split into the Orphan-Gains-CCC account,
which is not a true income account as such in the account heirarchy but is
used so the procedure has a defined target.

 From Section 9.7.3.10 covering the scrub function  which covers automatic
generation of the required splits the user is then instructed to proceed to
Section 9.7.3.6 where it describes reassignment of the Orphan-Gains-CCC
account to the appropriate Income account. Here the CCC refers to the
specific currency associated with the asset security account where trading
is in multiple currencies so foa a trade in Austraian dollars it would be
AUD or USD if the trade was in US dollars

David

-----
David Cousens