[GNC] Posting Asset expenses via Vendor Bill

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jul 27 11:04:18 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Fri, July 27, 2018 10:55 am, dlbonline wrote:
> John,
>
> I have just discovered that the detail transactions show up in subaccounts
> to the asset, which is OK.  And the balance of the asset reflects those
> subaccounts.  Also OK.  But, they don’t show up in the asset ledger
> itself.  So maybe my problem is asking too much of the ledger.  Perhaps
> there is a report that will give me a statement of all transactions
> against the asset (income and expense)?

This is the correct behavior.  You told it to put the split into
A:B:C:D:E, which is where it is.  You wont see the actual transaction in
A:B, or A:B:C, or A:B:C:D -- but the value will be wrapped up in the
account total in the Chart of Accounts and in the reports.

If you want to see all the transactions, then you can use the Right-Click
-> Open Subaccounts feature on, e.g., A:B -- which will open the B account
and show all the transactions from B, as well as all the transactions in
all its subaccounts.

> David Briggs
> dlbonline at cox.net
> 918 625 9170

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745