[GNC] Logs.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jul 27 12:51:53 EDT 2018

Syslog isn't really appropriate for the transaction logs. They're created as a partial fallback for cases where GnuCash or your computer fails between saves with the XML backend: You can use File>Import>Replay GnuCash .log file... to reinsert any transactions that were created or edited between the last save and the crash. There's really no point to keeping them around and also no point to them at all with a SQL backend which commits all edits (not just transactions) immediately but the transaction logging logic is in a place that can't tell what backend is in use. It's an ancient and somewhat obsolete corner of GnuCash that would have been cleaned up a long time ago had we sufficient resources to do so.

Regards,
John Ralls