[GNC] Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya and Gnucash 3.2

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 04:30:28 EDT 2018

On 28 July 2018 at 09:23, David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Colin,
>
> My take on that is that it is an issue with the flatpak maintainers for
> GnuCash not having built the flatpak version with the required database
> support. Ned Richards does not seem to be contactable directly and the last
> commit was 4/7/18. Until he or the other maintainer responds there is
> little anyone can do apart from fork their repository and add the
> additional support. Looking at the files there, they look like they are a
> few files specific to gnucash that feed into the system for building tha
> flatpaks.
>
> It may be easier to build V3.2 with that support from the source code. I
> tried to cover it in the instructions on the wiki using the notes that were
> previously there but I don't use the sql backends at all so i haven't been
> able to check whether they did cover everything. I'm currently setting up
> to build Gnucash on Linux Mint 19 and am finding a few dependencies I had
> missed because they were already installed on my previous system before I
> started buidling GnuCash.

I am sure you are right about the flatpak package maintainers.  I have also
built 3.2 successfully, I posted the comment about flatpak in response to
the previous post on it.  Building is not difficult for those with a little
linux experience, but I suspect it would prove challenging for a novice
even with the information on the wiki.  There is also a snap package but it
has not been updated to v3 and again there seems to be little interest from
the maintainer, unfortunately.

Colin