[GNC] Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya and Gnucash 3.2

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Sat Jul 28 07:36:07 EDT 2018

I recently experimented with Linux mint (Tara) edition (which I think is 18.2 - version you are using) and the first thing I checked was the version of GnuCash available for use.

As you noted, the Software Manager has an older version, but you can get the latest 3.2 version from flatpack. Click on Flatpack (or perhaps called Flathub) when inside the Software Manager and search for GnuCash and you will find one packaged. It doesn’t show version info, but when I installed it and ran GnuCash, I found out that it is indeed the latest version.

if you are new to GnuCash, be sure to read the Tutorial & Concepts Guide - an outstandingly well written document! It helped me get over my fear of accounting terminology and accounting in general. All I did was spend half a day with it!

Have fun!

Cheers.