[GNC] Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya and Gnucash 3.2

Michael mjchurchil at aol.com
Sat Jul 28 14:50:20 EDT 2018

I just recently built Gnucash 3.2 on Mint 18.3 following the steps in
the wiki instructions.  Did the dependencies, the googletest install,
the build and finally gnc-fq-update.  It works just fine.  There are a
lot of steps, but they seem to be correct.

As an aside, Debian, Mint and Ubuntu folks haven't been keeping gnucash
available in an up to date form for some time.  When I looked around I
was surprised to find it is available in other distributions, at least
the arch linux-related distros.  I have been using 3.2 on Archlabs
where 3.1 was updated to 3.2 about a week after the announcement date.
Of course, Archlabs is a rolling distribution with a relatively high
frequency of package updates.  Mike