[GNC] Loss of all data

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jul 29 19:19:02 EDT 2018

Please remember to copy the list on all replies. Others may have insights and suggestions for solving your problem.

The log files aren't what you want.

The file you need would be named -------.gnucash. At every save GnuCash renamed the old file --------.gnucash.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.gnucash, where YYY... is a bunch of numbers forming a datestamp. Those also contain data, but using one implies that you'll have to do some re-entry. The OS version is irrelevant.

Regards,
John Ralls