[GNC] Payroll add-on, module, software?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sun Jul 29 20:26:54 EDT 2018

On 7/26/2018 11:21 AM, John Ralls wrote:

>>   or as a separate program that maintains all of the HR stuff and just sends the financial transactions to GnuCash.
<< Just back from camping in the woods >>

THAT is the sense I meant, though I would not think of it as a "plug in"
but possibly one of several external programs that were keeping their
own sort of data (like Payroll having HR data; Inventory having things
like shelving location, reorder levels, alternate supply vendors, one
like POS sending feeds to both Accounting ad Inventory, etc.)

All sharing the same feed format << and each "make" dependent on THAT
but not each other, or for that matter gnucash except with regard to the
format of the feed >>

However "feed format" goes two ways, also a common ERROR format by which
the (new) input edit component reports WHY a feed was rejected (or part
of a feed if on a transaction by transaction basis).

Michael