[GNC] Payroll add-on, module, software?

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Mon Jul 30 13:35:52 EDT 2018

On 07/29/2018 05:26 PM, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> On 7/26/2018 11:21 AM, John Ralls wrote:
>
>>>   or as a separate program that maintains all of the HR stuff and
>>> just sends the financial transactions to GnuCash.
> << Just back from camping in the woods >>
>
> THAT is the sense I meant, though I would not think of it as a "plug
> in" but possibly one of several external programs that were keeping
> their own sort of data (like Payroll having HR data; Inventory having
> things like shelving location, reorder levels, alternate supply
> vendors, one like POS sending feeds to both Accounting ad Inventory,
> etc.)
>
> All sharing the same feed format << and each "make" dependent on THAT
> but not each other, or for that matter gnucash except with regard to
> the format of the feed >>
>
> However "feed format" goes two ways, also a common ERROR format by
> which the (new) input edit component reports WHY a feed was rejected
> (or part of a feed if on a transaction by transaction basis).
>
> Michael

Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable are in a similar vein.  In
fact, they share a common feature with payroll in that they deal with
3rd party entities (Receivable -- entities who owe you money; Payable --
entities to whom you owe money; Payroll -- entities who get paid for a
salary/wage).  That common module of dealing with names/addresses and
relationships could be abstracted out of all three modules and made a
common service.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com