[GNC] Payroll add-on, module, software?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Mon Jul 30 17:16:58 EDT 2018

:

>> Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable are in a similar vein.  In
>> fact, they share a common feature with payroll in that they deal with
>> 3rd party entities (Receivable -- entities who owe you money; Payable --
>> entities to whom you owe money; Payroll -- entities who get paid for a
>> salary/wage).  That common module of dealing with names/addresses and
>> relationships could be abstracted out of all three modules and made a
>> common service.
>>

>> --
>> Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
>> Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
>> kg7je at arrl.net
>> 253-350-0166
  Oh dear. No, I would see them as VERY different. And very different
information being kept.

When I have a payable I owe THAT person an amount.

When I have a payroll event I owe THAT person something (some portion of
the gross amount), and according to information on that person's record
owe (for example) the Feds various amounts, the state various amounts
(and neither of the previous single accounts -- example, income tax and
SS and medicare separate; state income tax and state workman's comp
separate, etc. ) and possibly various other entities/accounts. I am
required (by many jurisdictions) not only that amounts be correct but
that the employee get a statement along with that check (or direct
deposit). Many/most of the amounts depend on data on the HR record.

Michael D Novack