[GNC] Customer account statement "description" does not match the invoice "description"

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Jun 5 17:36:15 EDT 2018

Op dinsdag 5 juni 2018 23:13:59 CEST schreef rmomxtx at gmail.com:
> The contents of the description field in the invoice do not show up in the
> "description" field on the customer account status report. From where does
> the customer statement pull the information that goes in the description
> field? Am I missing something or is this a program defect? If the latter, is
> there a work around?

When you post an invoice the post-to window has a description field. Whatever
you enter there will appear in the customer report's description column.

> In the receive payment window there is a box on the bottom right side titled
> register (registro in Spanish). Whatever you put in there appears on the
> customer statement in the description field.

In English this field is called "Memo". And that's indeed what is presented in
the description field for payments on the customer report.

Regards,

Geert