[GNC] Entering preexisting shares

Graham Balin graham.balin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:57:19 EDT 2018

Hi. My first post as a gnu-bie, so please bear with me.

Trying to enter preexisting shares as split transaction, with commission
and tax. [Have searched google /archives without success]

I enter the splits, [as per 9.5.1 of gnucash guide] add a balancing
amount from 'equity:opening balances' and yet I get 'imbalance' and
'orphan-gbp' generated.

Hope the image comes out ok. Any ideas or places to look, gratefully
received

--

Cheerio,

Graham