[GNC] Where is the theme selection in 3.x?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jun 6 23:34:08 EDT 2018

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 4:54 PM, Thomas Forrester <tlforrester at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Windows, as I recall, there was a seperate program in the Start menu
> under GnuCash for previewing and selecting a visual theme to use with
> GnuCash.  I don't see that, and the 3.x visual styles on Windows is not all
> that attractive.  Was this feature removed?  If so, why??

Yes, it was removed. GnuCash 3.x uses Gtk+-3.x because many Linux distributions dropped support for the older WebKit library that worked with Gtk+-2. The Windows Theme program worked only with Gtk+-2 and we were unable to find a similar program that works with Gtk+-3.

For instructions on how to theme Gtk+-3 see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3 <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3>.

Regards,
John Ralls