[GNC] Online quotes for funds

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Sun Jun 10 14:25:45 EDT 2018

On 9 June 2018 at 17:37, Graham Balin said:

> Sorry to be a bore, but having cracked the stock quotes problem, I'm now
> having trouble with funds. I suspect the problem lies in the display box.
> Stocks are easy xyz.L or whatever, but how do I find out what funds should
> be?
>
> I tried putting the ISIN number in but that doesn't work. Can someone
> point me to a source to find out the equivalent of a ticker for a fund?

Many funds are not listed in quote sources, or not with any regularity.

I just got data for one from Alphavantage: symbol=GB00BJ04HW53.L (which
is Invesco Perpetual Income Y Accumulator). However, the "last refreshed"
date is 27 April, making it of doubtful use (and a lot of dates show
zeros, suggesting Alphavantage didn't get values on those dates).

<https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_DAILY&symbol=GB00BJ04HW53.L&apikey=>