[GNC] Payroll - How to generate a Paystub

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jun 11 09:43:19 EDT 2018

Op maandag 11 juni 2018 15:01:54 CEST schreef MichaelK:
> What do you send your employee(s) along with their paycheck?  I have one
> employee and pay him twice a month.  Ordinarily, a paystub would accompany
> the paycheck and list Salary and Withholdings for the pay period along with
> Salary and Withholdings YTD.
>
> I understand gnucash does not have an integrated payroll system, but once I
> add the split for my employee in the Expense:Salary and Liability:Tax
> accounts, I need to send a paystub with that information along with the
> paycheck to the employee.  There is no magic needed here, and seems like a
> pretty basic principal since we have the notion of Employees.

The employee related entries in GnuCash are not related to employee salaries in any way. They
were added to manage expenses an employee makes on behalf of the company.

> I tried working with a modified Transaction Report, but that doesn't really
> get me there.
>
> Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

You may search for transactions in your Expense:Salary (say, based on date and employee
name) and print an account report based on the search result ?

Regards,

Geert