[GNC] "No suitable backend found for" file after rebuild of gnucash

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jun 11 14:09:23 EDT 2018

Op maandag 11 juni 2018 19:50:11 CEST schreef Steve Cohen:
> As detailed in other thread, I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 14.04 to
> Ubuntu 18.04.  After some difficulty, I built Gnucash 3.0 without error.
>   I had been running 3.0 on 14.04 as well and had saved the data.
>
> But when I attempt to load it I get "No suitable backend was found for
> [filename].
>
> What does this indicate?

In what format did you save your gnucash data?

Assuming you built gnucash with dbi support enabled, you may be missing dbi
drivers for your data format.
If your file was not saved as xml, try installing package libdbd-sqlite3,
libdbd-mysql or libdbd-postgresql depending on how you saved your data.

Regards,

Geert