[GNC] "No suitable backend found for" file after rebuild of gnucash

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jun 11 14:53:36 EDT 2018

Op maandag 11 juni 2018 20:38:08 CEST schreef Steve Cohen:
> I installed all of these.  I believe the original data was saved in
> sqlite3.  That is the default, isn't it?

No the default is xml.

> But wait a minute, where, actually is the data stored?  I was assuming
> it was the *.gcm, but these files seem to be nothing but config files.

Indeed, those files only store metadata. The actual file is where you chose to
save it back when you created it. This is just like in any other application.
The only thing gnucash does different is that it tries to reopen your last-
used file automatically when you close and reopen gnucash.

Regards,

Geert