[GNC] GC keeps prompting me to create an account and it just won't away

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 07:47:12 EDT 2018

It looks as if Art has entered descriptive information into an account field. GnuCash will always ask if you want to create the nonexistent account (that’s a feature, BTW). Based on the sample string, you’d need to tab out of the account after “bananas”, put “Hot dog” in a memo (presumably), and the calculation into the amount field. Although, why you’d put hot dogs in an account for bananas is beyond me.

David T.