[GNC] New report

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Jun 14 18:18:39 EDT 2018

I modified /usr/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report/balsheet-eq.scm (and
related files) and gave them a new name of balsheet-fmtd.scm (etc).

However, when I fire up GnuCash, the new report does not appear.  This
seems to be consistent with the documentation shared with me earlier
today.  However, I haven't figured out how the original file gets loaded
and made available.

When I place my modified version into the old file name, the changes
show up and work just fine.  When I put the original back and put a copy
of my new file into the standard-reports sub-directory, GnuCash dies
while loading.

1.  How does balsheet-eq.scm in the reports directory get loaded?

2.  What did I do wrong such that the new file works when placed into
the old file name but fails when put into standard-reports sub-directory?

Old-Files                            New Files
balsheet-eg.ccs                stylesheet-reports.css  (left in reports
directory)
balsheet-eg.scm               balsheet-fmtd.scm
balsheet-eg.eguile.scm    balsheet-fmtd.eguile.scm (left in reports
directory)

I also tried copying all three of the new files to the standard-reports
sub-directory and GnuCash still dies while loading.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net