[GNC] Search facility

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jun 16 08:00:13 EDT 2018

Op zaterdag 16 juni 2018 13:51:39 CEST schreef Graham Balin:
> Apologies if this is brain-numbingly obvious, but I have tried looking
> for the answer, honest!
>
> How do I search for a particular item eg search all accounts for $4.35,
> or transactions with 'Harrison' in it?  Quicken had a very simple search
> bar which worked very well. Is there a similar function in GNC?

Edit->Find

This behaves slightly differently when started  from the account hierarchy or
from an account register.

When started from the account hierarchy it will search all transactions and
splits in all accounts. When started from an account register it will only
search for splits (and their associated transaction info) in that account.

Regards,

Geert