[GNC] Problem With Price Editor

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:35:07 EDT 2018

Les,

It is important that you clearly define your problem when you ask for help
in this maillist.

I see that you have been trying things out with GnuCash for some time now,
but when I sampled your comments I did not find a consistent pattern of
mentioning the OS, or GnuCash version when asking about a problem.  I think
that you are using release 2.6.21 installed by a procedure called Snap,
which I know nothing about, into some version of Linux.  If you are now
trying to use release 3.2, there is a completely different set of possible
issues.

Further, I am confused about whether you completed the entire process of
creating a security in the security list (which is not an account, by the
way) with a proper ticker reference and security type as well as creating a
security account associated with a brokerage account and entering an
initial buy or sell transaction.  While the part of creating a security
account and recording a purchase or sale is optional, it (a)helps to have a
way to see the security in your data and (b)creates an initial price entry
in the price database.

I also saw that you were having issues with setting up AlphaVantage
earlier. Did you resolve those, or is that a part of the problem you are
now having with the price editor?

Several of us are willing to help, but we need more specific details.

David C