[GNC] Fwd: The two modules

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Fri Jun 22 13:09:47 EDT 2018

On 06/22/2018 12:29 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Op donderdag 21 juni 2018 00:01:32 CEST schreef Stephen M. Butler:
>> Found libofx7 and installed that instead of libofx6 and libofx4.
>>
> These numbers seem to increase regularly... I have updated the install
> instruction to only install libofx-dev. This will automatically pull in the
> corresponding libofx<n> and its dependencies.

Thank you.  Wish I knew more about the innards of Linus.  Still feel
like I need someone to hold my hand!
<snip>

>> In file included from /usr/src/gtest/src/gtest-all.cc:42:0:
> <snip>
>
>> In file included from
>> /home/steve/Projects/googletest/googletest/include/gtest/internal/gtest-inte
>> rnal.h:39:0, from
> It looks like the build is mixing two versions of googletest. One installed
> systemwide (/usr/src/gtest) and one in /home/steve/Projects/googletest.
>
> I assume you have followed instructions to download googletest and then set
> GMOCK_ROOT and GTEST_ROOT when running cmake.
>
> A recent commit should have solved this issue, but your experience seems to
> suggest otherwise.

Yes, is there a command to remove one?  Which one?  Or could I move the
most recent (I presume /home/steve/Projects/googletest) up the /usr/src?
> What source are you building from ? A tarball or git ? If git, what commit
> have you currently checked out ? You can determine this by running
> git describe
> in your git checkout.

Not git.  Still haven't figured that piece out yet.  I need to do that.

I followed instructions from https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building and
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/BuildUbuntu16.04 and pulled the source
from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20(stable)/3.1/
and clicked on the green button that downloaded:  gnucash-3.1-1.tar.gz
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/3.1/gnucash-3.1-1.tar.gz/download>.
gunzipped that and tar -xf ....  into /home/steve/Projects/GnuCash/.
> Geert

Thanks Geert.
--Steve