[GNC] GNUCash locks up when opening a Budget

Jack Lockard JELockard at outlook.com
Thu Jun 28 19:47:54 EDT 2018

I am having issues with editing my budget. I am running version 2.6.19 of GNUCash. I store the files on a NAS devices so I can access them from both of my two computers. One is a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and the other is an HP 8530P laptop.

I can open the data files on both computers but can only successfully open and edit the budget on the HP 8530P. If I try to open the budget on the Surface Pro, it locks up. I have uninstalled the software, removed the .gnucash under AppData folder and removed registry entries that the uninstall process did not clean up and then reinstalled to no avail. There must be something somewhere else on the Surface Pro that needs to be removed but I have no idea where it may be.

Can anyone point me to where all of the install locations may be? There must be something on the Surface Pro that causes GNUCash to lock up.