[GNC] How to regularly use two currencies

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Jun 29 06:58:23 EDT 2018

Hi Norbert,

I don't know the accounting customs of your country, so first a question:
Is it common in Cambodia to *account* in two currencies as well or only to
*pay* in two currencies ?

Or put differently - do you want to track your income in the two currencies or
just in one (hence the placeholder account) ? But you do want to be able to
accept/make payments in the two currencies ?

If you only want to accept/make payments in two currencies but just track it
in one, the account structure would be slightly different.

If you want to track your income in multiple currencies as you have set up,
you'll need to make sure you have entries in your price database for
conversion rates between USD and Cambodia Riel. Or more generally between your
book's currency and the foreign currencies you trade in.

Regards,

Geert