Gnucash 2.7.5 Installation

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Mar 3 00:22:11 EST 2018

> On Mar 2, 2018, at 2:48 PM, Roger Miskowicz <rmisko11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am having difficulty building gnucash 2.7.5 from the latest git clone.
>
> I have modified  by:
>
> adding:
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5)
>
> changed:
> #include <gdk/gdk.h>
> to:
> #include <gdk-3.0/gdk/gdk.h>

> I am using:
>
> cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/~/gnucash/gnucash-devel -D
> CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=~/gnucash ../gnucash

> which gives me the following errors:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (file):
>  file problem creating directory: /glib-2.0/schemas
>

> -- Performing Test have_mod_mask
> -- Performing Test have_mod_mask - Failed
> CMake Error at gnome/CMakeLists.txt:59 (gnc_add_swig_guile_command):
>  Unknown CMake command "gnc_add_swig_guile_command”.
>
> My OS is: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
>
> I would appreciate any help in addressing these errors as well as any
> related guidance for building 2.7.5.

First, remove your customizations. They’re wrong.

Second, use $HOME instead of ~. The shell understands ~ but cmake does not. BTW, even the shell doesn’t understand /~/. That’s why you got the “file problem creating directory” error.

Third, don’t use CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH unless you have custom-built dependencies that you want to build against instead of the system-provided ones. Even if you do, build, test, and run GnuCash with the system-provided ones first so that you have a good baseline to build on.

Finally, you don’t say what is the path to your build directory, but the “unknown cmake command” error suggests that it’s a subdirectory of the source directory. If that’s the case the last argument to cmake should be “..” rather than “../gnucash”. There is a CMakeLists.txt in gnucash, but that bypasses all of the configuration done by the root CMakeLists.txt.

Regards,
John Ralls