Specific reports directory for each dataset?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Mar 10 08:03:12 EST 2018

On 3/10/2018 6:52 AM, Jim Billinghurst wrote:

> I use gnucash to run my personal finances.
> I also run the finances for a charity in another data set.
>
> I am about to take on the accounting for a third  entity.
>

> Although the data files are clearly separate, all the reports are in one
> place.
>
> I use saved report configurations quite a lot, currently I name them to show
> which dataset they refer to.
>
> Is there a way of having a unique directory for reports that will be
> specific to each dataset?
Questions like this are awkward to answer yes-no.

One OBVIOUS way is to put each under a different USER (I am assuming
that your OS supports this, as all modern ones do). In other words, you
personal books would be under your "own" log in, your charity1 books
would be under a different user  log in (say org1) and this new
organization under another user (say org2). Then you use "change user"
and enter that user's password to go to one of these.

Just because you are a single human being doesn't mean that your
computer(s) have to see you as a single person/user. But this answer is
probably not the sort of one you are looking for.

Michael D Novack