Check Printing Question

Rick Copple rick at copplecleaningservice.com
Tue Mar 13 00:44:30 EDT 2018

On 03/12/2018 04:29 PM, Jay Ridgley wrote:
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have Quicken Wallet Checks w/side stub. These are 3 up with a tab at
> the bottom.
>
> When I try to print checks with:
>
> Check format: Quicken(tm) Wallet Checks w/side stub
> Check position: Top
> Checks on first page: 3
>
> The results are: The first two print properly, however, the third
> check prints on the tab at the bottom and leaves the third check blank.
>
> What have I done incorrectly?
>
> I run Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS w/Cinnamon Desktop and GnuCash 2.6.12.
>
> Regards,
> Jay

Hi Jay,

You can edit and fix any check format by going to ~/.gnucash/checks in
your file manager. There are some text files there that contain the code
for where to put lines on the checks.

You can find out more on how to edit them at
<https://lists.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/check_format_info.html>

I had to do this some time ago to get it to print on Quickbooks style 3
part, 1 page checks as the one they provided didn't work either and
didn't include accounts and line notes needed for printing paychecks and
stubs.

Good luck!

--
Rick Copple